Welcome to Chip's Challenge Creator! *
This level and series editor provides support for, and full compatibility between, the three most popular versions of Chip's Challenge:
- the classic Microsoft version and its Tile World emulation,
- Tile World's emulation of the original Atari Lynx version,
- and the long-delayed, recently-released sequel, Chip's Challenge 2.
CCCreator is currently available for free download via a time-limited public beta program. Although a couple core features are still unfinished, the program is sufficiently complete for most Chip's Challenge level-design needs.
June 30, 2020
- CCCreator bugfix version 0.5.4 was released. See the version history for details on what's changed.
January 24, 2020
- Website links pointing to the old CC Zone were updated.
- A new "outgoing link" icon was added to the website.
January 1, 2020
- CCCreator bugfix version 0.5.3 was released.
July 30, 2019
- CCCreator bugfix version 0.5.2 was released.
May 23, 2019
- CCCreator bugfix version 0.5.1 was released.
- The News section was added to the website home page, and the beta info on the download page was expanded.
May 5, 2019
- This website moved from pillowpc2001.net to bitbusters.club, and was upgraded to HTML5. There were no noteworthy changes to the website structure or to CCCreator.
March 1, 2019
- CCCreator version 0.5 was released.
December 21, 2018
- CCCreator version 0.4 was released.
June 15, 2018
- CCCreator bugfix version 0.3.1 was released.
April 1, 2018
- CCCreator version 0.3 was released.
- This coincided with an April Fool's prank in which this website's pages redirected to a joke page containing a "rick-roll". After ten seconds, a link would appear at the top of the page to continue to the user's original destination.
March 10, 2018
- CCCreator version 0.2 was released.
January 1, 2018
- CCCreator version 0.1 was released.
- This website was deployed, and came online a day later.
- Public beta testing began.
August 18, 2017
- Private beta testing began, with six testers to start.
April 1, 2017
- Private beta testing was announced on CC Zone, as part of an April Fool's prank.
November 5, 2016
- Development of CCCreator was announced on CC Zone.
Support for the three most popular versions of Chip's Challenge, with import/export capability for the following file formats:
- The standard CCL (.dat) format used by Microsoft Chip's Challenge, Tile World, and the associated editors
- The CCX format, used by Tile World (version 2) to provide optional configuration for level series
- The C2G format, used by Chip's Challenge 2 to define a level series
- The C2M format, used by Chip's Challenge 2 to define a single level
- The CCS format, a new format designed specifically for Chip's Challenge Creator to store all data for a level series in a version-independent way
- Support for all the clipboard flavors used by other Chip's Challenge editors
Unlimited undo/redo within a single project*
(* Resets when a new project is created or loaded)
- A variety of map editor metagraphics that make it easy to visualize the ways in which elements interact with each other, including creature paths, implicit button connections, and logic node connections
- A range of useful tools for fast and powerful map editing
- Automatic layer selection and element combining in the map editor, with additional shift+click functionality to place elements in the (MS-only) "buried" layer
- A palette containing all Chip's Challenge elements sorted into logical groups, with an additional tab displaying all the elements at once
- Extensive control of level properties, including random, unique password generation and the ability to set the required chips either from the number counted (excluding extra chips) or from the total number available (including extra chips)
- Quick editing access to the most important level properties, in the level tab of the main editor window
- Level ordering directly in the level selector, including multiple-level move or delete
- Quick navigation of the level series by selecting the next level or previous level, or searching for a level by name, number or password
- ...and more!